Joining the McKenzie River Chamber of Commerce is one business decision you won't regret. When it comes to fighting for your business and looking out for your bottom line, no organization is more worth the investment than MRCC. The benefits of becoming a member of this dynamic business organization are tangible and intangible, personal and professional. For instance, access to the latest local news and information is vital to your business' success. Chamber members benefit from being the first businesses newcomers look for, because studies have shown tourists visit Chamber websites and offices to find the lodging, dining, shopping and services they need. These visitors ask about things like weather, attractions, specials, coupons, maps, and events to help make their stay more enjoyable.
Research conducted for Travel Oregon indicates:
- Oregon’s statewide lodging trends continue to show positive growth vs. March 2013
- Lodging Demand: +4.7%; Lodging Revenue: +11.8%
- Last Year visitor's spent $474.5 million in East Lane County, an $8.5 million jump from 2012
- 75.4% of that was spent at the visitor's ultimate destination
- There was a 3.1% increase in expenditures on lodging and 3.2% increase in money spent at restaurants and bars in East Lane County
- $62.4 million was spent on arts, entertainment and recreation in East Lane County
- $73.8 million was spent on retail sales in East Lane County
- $3.4 million was spent in the state on bicycle tourism alone!
MRCC can help you get your fair share of those tourism dollars by showing you how to make the most of your membership. This is not just about making friends and networking. This is about reaching core constituencies, the kind of people looking for your kind of business. MRCC is there to champion your business through meetings, promotional materials, events and visitor friendly kiosks. We're about community and all that entails. We network with local, state and federal officials to promote the area. Our partnership with Travel Oregon has already resulted in being featured on KGW-Tv's Grant's Getaways, and this is only the beginning of the benefits of working with our state tourism partners.
By becoming involved in your Chamber you can help guide its direction and be the first to know about upcoming promotions and events. Monthly Meetings are held at member’s locations, alternating from lower/mid to upper river. Monthly meetings are held every third Thursday of each month at 12 noon. Details are posted on event calendar.